Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Death of A Series

So it's been forever since I've posted anything (Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year), and after seeing a certain game on sale for $20, I thought I'd make another little opinion post.

As many know, I love the Resident Evil series, or what it used to be. It brings me great joy to say that RE6 was a huge flop, it sold at least 1,000,000 (one million) less than RE5 and has recieved mixed to bad reviews. Capcom took a big hit both financially and creditibilty wise. While I have never been happy to see a game fail, I am oddly satisfied by the failure of Resident Evil 6. Why? Let me list the reasons:

- Obviously, it deviates from what made the series great
- They are trying to appeal to the mindless fans that flock to the CoD series (yep, I'm a CoD hater too)
- They ignore true fans and give us crappy shit like Leon's Story, which is just god awful
- They haven't even bothered to REmake RE2 and RE3, which are the best in the series, but will make this crap without a second thought

Destructoid said it best, 'not just a step back for the series, it's a step back for commonplace, unassuming action-shooters' This is still an understatement, I will set it straight,

'This is a step back for both the [Resident Evil] series and any shooter in general. What's worse is that Capcom doesn't care, fans have made their desires clear, they want a reboot, a return to what made the series famous, yet they do nothing and only appeal to the mindless 12 yr olds that flock to the FPS genre.'

Feel free to use this if you want, I encourage it.

While you're at it, sign the petition to get RE2 remade. The devs have seen it, and have even hinted that if enough support is given, they'd strongly support making it. REmake Resident Evil 2 also, try signing this one, maybe if we get people to sign both we can get their attention REstore Resident Evil

No comments:

Post a Comment